This pasta is so perfectly refreshing, easy and quick to make that it’s one of my regular go-to meals. The sweet tangy spiciness of the tomato sauce with the earthiness of the broccoli is such a nice combination that it satisfies all of your taste buds in each bite. I tend to make mine a little on the spicy side, so feel free to adjust the amount of crushed red pepper to your liking.
- Olive Oil, 2 tbsp. plus 1 tbsp. for drizzling
- Crushed Red Pepper, 1 tsp. (adjust to your liking)
- Broccoli, 1 head of florets and cleaned stems chopped
- Garlic, 4 cloves chopped, sliced or minced
- Diced Tomato, 1 28 oz. can
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pasta, Angel hair or thin spaghetti
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Heat olive oil in a very large saute pan over medium heat. Add crushed red pepper and cook for one minute so that the crushed red pepper can infuse the olive oil.
Add the broccoli and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes then add garlic and cook for one minute more.
Remove from heat and add pasta, tossing everything together well. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.